Anita Devi P. Misir joined Butler in 2012, and is a Senior Associate with the firm, practicing in the area of third-party coverage. Among the several types of cases that she handles are automobile claims, general liability coverage, personal injury protection, homeowner’s insurance coverage, and civil remedy notices.
Anita’s accomplishments showcase her commitment to law and her clients. Prior to her work with the firm, Anita thrived as a staff attorney in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida. She is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice in all state courts of Florida, as well as the Federal Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida. Anita is also an appointed member of the Florida Bar’s Thirteenth Circuit Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee “B.”
The high level of education that Anita has achieved demonstrates how hard she works. She received her Bachelor of Arts in political science, cum laude, from Stetson University in 2006, and her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Stetson University College of Law in 2009. Anita served as a member of the Moot Court Board and Alternative Dispute Resolution Board while at Stetson University College of Law. Anita was also a recipient of the Carol R. Samuels Unsung Hero Student Leadership Award, Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges, William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award, and Leadership Development Certificate.
- Carol R. Samuels Unsung Hero Student Leadership Award at Stetson University College of Law
- Leadership Development Certificate at Stetson University College of Law
- Member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board at Stetson University College of Law
- Member of the Moot Court Board at Stetson University College of Law
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges at Stetson University College of Law
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award at Stetson University College of Law
- Stetson University
Bachelor of Arts in political science
- Stetson University College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Hillsborough County Bar Association (HCBA)
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Courts (Middle District)
- Florida Courts (Southern District)
- Florida Federal Courts (Middle District)
- Florida Federal Courts (Southern District)
- Florida State Courts
October 27, 2014
PUBLICATIONThree Is A Crowd: Revisiting The Third Party Beneficiary Doctrine
Read More »
This article examines the third party beneficiary doctrine in conjunction with the approaches courts follow with regard to the collection of an excess judgment from a liability insurer.
November 21, 2013
PUBLICATIONThis Mediation Is Confidential, Right?
Read More »
Mediation is an effective dispute resolution tool because it allows participants to openly discuss all aspects of a dispute without the fear of recourse or retribution. Confidentiality is a critical component of this process. Litigants and insurers participating in mediation often proceed under the assumption that all communications and conduct occurring during mediation will be cloaked with protection. However, exceptions to confidentiality are slowly eroding what is commonly referred to as the absolute ‘‘mediation privilege.''