Seeking an Insurance Defense paralegal with 5+ years of experience for our Charlotte office – First Party Property and Third-Party Coverage background preferred.
- Draft routine or complex legal documents for review by attorneys
- Review, organize, and summarize reports and other case materials
- Draft pleadings, subpoenas, discovery requests and responses, correspondence, interrogatories/answers, other legal documents
- Conduct legal research and investigations as needed
- Assist in deposition preparation, pre-trial investigations, trial preparation, including assistance with preparation of witnesses for deposition and/or trial
- Prepare exhibits and other demonstrative evidence for use at trial
- Provide assistance at trial
- Experience and knowledge of the State and Federal Court CM/ECF system and filings
- Experienced with use of Summation or Eclipse
- Ability to properly capture time and bill according to guidelines
- Provide Support on claim demands/packets to third parties
- Fact Investigation & general claim pursuit
Must be an experienced timekeeper committed to a minimum of 125 billable hours per month. Trial experience preferred. Great working environment with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience and all candidates must have a stable work history and verifiable references.