Skip to Content

Stopping The Clock: Getting An Extension For Your Brief

November 1, 2014

Traditionally, parties seek briefing extensions in Florida state courts by motion  pursuant to Florida Rule of Appellate Procedure 9.300. However, four of the five District Courts of Appeal have recently adopted an alternative procedure — extension by “notice” — that supplants the motion process in certain circumstances.

The Hillsborough County Bar Association