In cases full of unique complexities and unfavorable outcomes, clients are looking for trusted advocates in dispute resolution.
For a quarter century, Butler’s involvement in precedent-setting cases has contributed to changing the Florida law in the areas of first-party property coverage, third-party property coverage, and extra-contractual liability. Our appellate specialists handle appeals and special writs in all of the federal Circuit Courts of Appeals. With multiple Board Certified Appellate attorneys on our team, our experts approach each matter with a sharp focus and sophisticated legal analysis.
Let us steer you through each stage of litigation by:
- Supporting trial counsel with dispositive motions in state and federal courts;
- Preparing extraordinary writs of certiorari, mandamus, and prohibition in the state courts;
- Collaborating with clients and trial counsel pretrial on discovery, expert, and limine motions; to promote best trial outcomes;
- Drafting post-trial motions, supersedeas bonds, stays;
- Advising on settlement options, and working towards mediated resolutions before and after the appeal is commenced.
Positioning you for success
We understand the importance of early involvement, whether on appeal or at trial, to ensure a strong victory. Once an appealable order or a notice of appeal is filed by the adverse party, we take action and respond proactively. Together with our client and the trial counsel, we discuss and identify the unique issues of your case to design an optimal strategy to reach favorable results. Preserving our client and putting them in the best position takes precedence in everything we do.