DIVERSITY STRATEGIC PLAN
Butler is committed to employing a diverse complement of attorneys and staff and to fostering greater diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. In this way, we deliver superlative work product to our clients.
To achieve this mission, Butler has established a Diversity & Inclusion Committee led by our Diversity & Inclusion Partner. The committee consists of several partners and associates from varying backgrounds, and includes our Managing Partner and Hiring Partner. Our Diversity & Inclusion Committee has adopted a multifaceted approach to enhancing diversity awareness, recruiting, training and advancement. It seeks to ensure that current and prospective members of the legal profession have the same opportunity to succeed, accounting for each person’s individual circumstances. This includes mentorship, volunteerism and community involvement. The committee also seeks to foster the success of underrepresented and disadvantaged individuals in our workplace.
The firm regularly recognizes and celebrates diversity milestones and events such as Black History Month, Women’s History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, LGBTQ History Month, National Disability Employment Month and others. We host in-house seminars concerning topics that explore diversity, equity and inclusion. We have established an associate hiring program designed to increase the firm’s diversity. And, we have established an associate mentoring program aimed at assisting all of our associates to achieve and advance professionally.
Our lawyers are involved in numerous professional and community organizations that share the firm’s goals. Butler currently supports and encourages involvement in the following local and national organizations:Show More
- Asian-Pacific Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- CLM’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Defense Research Institute’s Diversity & Inclusion Section
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association’s Diversity Committee
- George Edgecomb Bar Association
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Metropolitan Ministries Tampa
- National Bar Association
- Tampa Hispanic Bar Association
- Veterans Consortium Pro Bono Program
- Virgil Hawkins Florida Chapter of the National Bar Association